Sunday, December 4, 2011

Patchwork Christmas



I am at a loss to explain my strange obsession with making triangle trees this year- I hope you are not getting too sick of seeing them on my blog! This one, however is a little bit different ...it's a "patchwork" triangle tree. Having being once in love with "country" style, I still have a soft spot for anything patchwork so I loved Harriet's stamp that she used HERE .
But since I did not own this stamp or know anyone who does I decided to have a go at making my own version using variations of green DSP.. The photo does not show it well but there is also a shiny silver bauble at the top of the tree for the mandatory Christmas "bling". I have used this week's great sketch at Skipping Stones Design (#104) for my layout.

5 comments:

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Robyn I love country feel to this design and I LOVE the patchwork Christmas tree .
By the way cant remember if I thanked you for cards that have arrived .If I have not , then Thank you .
Shirley-Anne

Patrice said...

What an excellent way to use up those little scraps. Love your 'patchwork' tree.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE the patchwork tree and can't wait to try this out! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

Jingle said...

Very pretty! Great way to use this sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at SSD!

Stephanie said...

So simple and pretty! Great CAS card! Thanks for joining us at SSD this week!