Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thank Goodness!!





Thank Goodness! I can finally rest my tired and weary brain!! What a challenge at OLW #44 this week! We were to go to this fabulous inspiration site,choose a photo,be inspired and make a card. I had a lovely time browsing the pin boards- but really felt drawn to this photo of a pretty bedroom with a cat! That was when it started- I knew the stamps I wanted to use but struggled to come up with something CAS ...let alone one layer!! But as usual my brain stubbornly refused to give up and be "beaten" by it Lol!! After numerous attempts and one night "sleeping on it" I FINALLY came up with something I was happy with. The punched border is inspired by the edge of the quilt on the bed. Maybe now I can get on with all the things I should have been doing (The wedding is only 3 weeks away now!)I would have like to add a twine tie and bow to tie in with the sahara sand background stamp but was not sure if this was "in the rules" so have left it off for now.
I apologise for the photo which does not show the right colours but I do not have time to redo it now. The colours IRL match the inspiration pic- White base/black cat/sahara sand "wallpaper"

(Incidentally the background stamp "Sprinkles" was another set that got filed away in the "Un- used" box of my new organisational system- since then its been used quite a lot!! Lol!!)

7 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

How totally cute! Great use of the inspiration piece, and I'm so glad you stuck with it! I'm the same way...sleep on it if it isn't working.

Susan said...

How cute is this! Love your interpretation of the inspiration photo.

Kathyk said...

Well cute card and photo.

Kathyk

Shirley-Anne said...

Well done Robyn.Simply beautiful..

Stella said...

CAS also means chic and stunning :)
This card has such an elegant look and I love it.
Less is definitely more!
Gorgeous card!

ps
I am in love with that border :)!!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is gorgeous! You've been very restrained and it works perfectly!

Christine Henderson said...

Purrr-fect!