Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I always forget.......

...but not this year!!!
My BIL has a birthday at the end of January , and as that is the time that everything seems to start up again in Australia after the summer holidays- I always seem to forget his birthday!
But this year I am prepared! In my blog surfing I found a sketch that I liked at "Try Stampin on Tuesdays"

which I liked so I made him this -

using my fave masculine papers that I found at Big W. The rustic looking  button is from one of my necklaces which had 3 layers when I bought it. I felt it was a bit "much" so I reduced it to 1 layer and put the leftovers in my "black" embellishment box hoping that some day I would find a good use for them.... like this!
Hopefully now that I have made him a nice card and remembered his birthday he will be a bit kinder to me on our regular Facebook "Wordscraper" games.....but I am not holding my breath Lol!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Great card! I love the colour combo and fantastic use of your button - always a bonus when you can up-cycle something. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday

Unknown said...

Very funky looking card, I love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on a Tuesday this week, we sure hope to see you back again soon!!!

Shirley-Anne said...

Fabulous masculine card .