Thursday, July 5, 2012

Signed...Sealed....


...and almost delivered! Well it was just last Tuesday evening that this (very large!) "For Sale" sign went up in our front garden...and AMAZINGLY!! today (Thursday) we went down to our Real Estate agents office and signed the contract of sale! The buyers have 13 days to arrange finance/do reports etc and then the contract becomes binding on the 18th July.....so here's hoping it all proceeds without any hitches.
The buyers were the same ones that inspected our house on the first day that the house was on the market and made 2 offers before pulling out on day 4. They came back this week and after another inspection agreed to our compromise offer! So now it is almost official that we are moving north- don't really know how I feel at this stage..I am a jumble of varying emotions. I wish that we had a house to go to and that I could feel excited about ...but we have decided at this stage that we will rent for 6 months until we know the Brisbane area better and also do all the son's wedding and trip to Europe bit first! ..so that will have to wait.(unless something absolutely fab appears before then!) At least DH still has a job and that is what's important for now. One good thing about the quick sale....I can go back to making a mighty crafty mess in my craft room...and not feel guilty!!

3 comments:

Tammy Hanlon said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
I hope it all goes through without a hitch.
Tam x

Karen Mead said...

Good news Robyn! At last you can craft away and make a mess.....heaven:)I hope it all goes smoothly from here, hugs x x

RobbynW said...

Congrats Robyn!!! Your blog is one I visited often during my blog hiatus :o) Looking forward to seeing more results of your crafty mess making!