Saturday, July 28, 2012

Well done London!

This afternoon I watched the replay of the Opening Ceremony for the London Olympic Games. (the live coverage was on at 5.30 am!!) It was great- I really enjoyed it -especially The Queen parachuting in with James Bond!  and Mr Bean playing Chariots of Fire! (Although surely she could have cracked a few little smiles!! I would have liked to have  her seat if she didn't want to be there!!) I thought the cauldron was fabulous too with each country's "petal" combining to form the flame and then returned to it's country after the games. Very symbolic and clever.(Edited to add...Laughed at the always funny Susan R's description of  the Queen as a "Bond Girl" !!)

But it got me thinking.....exactly 8 years ago I was watching the 2004 Olympic coverage while I sorted and packed up our house in Ballarat. Who would have thought that I would be doing exactly the same thing for THIS  house as I watched the 2012 Olympics! Ironically the settlement date when we moved into this house was 17th September 2004. DH starts work at his new job on 17th September 2012. If you had told me this back then I never would have believed you!

I am really missing being creative- the latest Dutch Card Lover's Blog challenge is VERY intriguing and the latest Less is More and Annabelle sketches are very CAS and very tempting too !! ....but I have packed away all my stuff....and it just makes too much mess to get it all out again . So at the moment I think I just have to be content with visiting your blogs...but come September I know which boxes are going to be unpacked first!......

4 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

All the best with your move and I hope you get to use those twitchy craft fingers very soon.

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow - what a whole bunch of coincidences Robyn - it was obviously meant to be! I do hope your move goes well - just don't let anyone bury those crafting boxes! I loved the opening ceremony too and laughed and cried my way through it. Vicky x

RobbynW said...

Hi Robyn, I miss you creating too! ;o) I can't wait until you unpack as well. Take lots of notes over the next month of ideas that strike you, so they'll be all ready for when you have access to your goodies!

Sue Madex said...

I loved the opening ceremony too and that gorgeous torch. Great news on the sale and all the best with the move. Hope you're unpacking that craft stuff before you know it.