Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chrissy Presents



Well I started off very enthusiastically promoting the new stamp challenge blog "Just Add Ink".....then got distracted somewhat along the way ...and here it is Challenge #6 already! Sorry girls! So I thought it was about time I joined in again-especially seeing as I loved the challenge sketch that they provided for us this week. I had also wanted to join in at Winter Wonderland this week with their challenge to make a "Monochromatic" Christmas card. So when I combined the two challenges ... that was how it was the squares on the right of the sketch suddenly became Christmas presents in my mind ! In a perfect world I would have had an old olive scalloped oval to put behind the sentiment ! ....And you would be able to see the sparkle on the stars!! Oh well- can't have it all I suppose!! The DSP I have used is my new gorgeous "Raspberry Tart"- didn't expect to find green sheets that I love in this pack ! The plain greens are old olive and kiwi kiss. The silver stars are more of my "bargain" newsagent bling!

14 comments:

Joey said...

ooooh I had an error when I first commented grrrr! lol. Fantastic card, green is my fave colour! thanks for joining us at ww

Joey.x

A Consuming Passion said...

Very effective card - love your three decorated pressies and the dp is so good - for a non green person like me, that is!!
really nice card Robyn and two challenges too good work!!
Oh and by the way.... tell your DH from me it's so worth painting some cedar!!!!!

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh this is a REALLY clever card Robyn - LOVE those Christmas parcels
Hope all is well in your part of Victoria!
xXx

Christine Blain said...

This is really lovely, Robyn. The little presents look great!

Unknown said...

Fab layout, Robyn, and superb card, love the colours you have used, thanks for taking part in our challenge at Winter Wonderland this week. Hugs Avril xxx

Lynda said...

Gorgeous card and a fabulous design. Thanks for joining in with Winter Wonderland.

Lynda xxx

Bronwyn Eastley said...

A great combination of the two challenges. Love the little pressies!

Jodene said...

I love your challenge card Robyn! I haven't done this one yet, I had better get to it :)

Danielle Daws said...

I've been thinking about Christmas cards lately (I thought I was going a bit nuts, actually!). It's such a great idea to get ideas early, and I love this! Thanks for playing!

Sue said...

Hi Robyn
gorgeous card very classy looking, luv the pressies. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week, hope to see you next week,sue.

Powerful Search Engine said...

Totally beautiful Robyn I love the layout and the papers are so yummy. Thanks for joining us this week at WW hugs Pascale

Danielle said...

I LOVE this card Robyn! Wow - it's an awesome layout and making gifts for each of those squares is brilliant! A fantastic colour scheme too! Thanks for joining us at WW this week!
Hugs, Danielle

AJ said...

This is so cute! Great take on this weeks challenge. x Amanda

Teri said...

Your card is beautiful Robyn! I love the little presents and the fab papers!

Thank you for joining us again at Winter Wonderland.

Teri xx