
I used to feel kind of guilty when I CASED someone else's work as if I was somehow doing something wrong and wasn't clever enough to be able to think up my own ideas. But now I more think that you are giving someone a HUGE compliment if you like what they have done SO much that it inspires you to have a go too. I would be happy if I knew I had been able to inspire someone in this way. Besides I spend such a lot of time on the computer and have PAGES and PAGES of Faves that it seems such a shame if I never actually DO anything with them!! Mostly you end up changing features of the card anyway and "make it your own" .
So here is my first "CASED FAVE" using the beautiful colours that Kristina set for the challenge this week and the wonderful inspiration of "skdeleeuw". You can find her great card here......
I'm really happy with how this turned out and once again have been inspired by the challenge to use colours and colour combinations that I would never normally choose- Thanks Kristina!!
I think this is a great layout too and would work well with a wide variety of DSP and stamps. Maybe you would like to have a go as well? Please leave a comment and a link here if you do so we can all see your ideas!!
I used -
Stamp Set- True Friend (retired) / So many sayings Cardstock-More Mustard/Really RustDSP-Fall Flowers/Apple Cider (retired) Ribbon- Old Olive Brad- Old Olive Hemp Twine Small Oval /Word Window / Scallop Edge/ Punches (How did we ever manage before we got the scallop edge punch LOL!!)

11 comments:
Gorgeous card - hadn't seen the new challenge yet! I too think CASEing is a compliment - as long as you acknowledge the original designer as you have!!! Great work!
Great job with the colour combo Robyn! I just went and looked at it and thought OMG! SOOO not me, I think I will have to play and stretch myself! A really lovely card,True Friend is a great set.
Robyn, it's beautiful.
Robyn! Your card is beautiful and your comment on casing was thoughtful and true! Good girl! See you in blogland...~Donna
Robyn;
This is gorgeous! I love the ribbon and, well, the entire card! Excellent job!
- Mandy
I love this card. It is gorgeous. I love the ds paper you have used to create the card just stunning even though it is a case I agree it is the best way to compliment someone that they are inspiring you. Love it!!
Liam
Beautiful card Robyn. I totally support CASEing but don't see it as copying in anyway. It really is just inspiration and creativity fodder for your own work - oh as long as we acknowledge the original designer that is.
Great card Robyn,
I really love the way the colours come together. Also love the ribbon.
Great card Robyn! I agree with your comments on CASEing. It certainly is a compliment.
Mandyxx
love your work, the card looks great!
Love what you've done with this challenge Robyn - your card is gorgeous! Love all the elements and that ribbon is the 'icing on the cake'. Just love this card!
Post a Comment