Friday, January 9, 2009

Something completely different!


Now to understand this card you will have to head over to Leah's blog

http://stampinwithleah.blogspot.com/ -scroll down past her beautiful kwerner challenge card and her mum's lovely Christmas Wall Hangers until you get to her Happy New Year message which is a 4 square box with lots of flashing dots!! It is also her Monthly Challenge #4. This was one of those challenges which really intrigued me- It was so hard to do but I just couldn't let it go. There were two different colour groups suggested-Dull colours (More Mustard,Going Grey and Black) and Bright Colours (Pink Passion,YoYo yellow,Tempting Turquoise Green Galore and Lovely Lilac) I just couldn't make them work together ! I kept leaving it and coming back to it the next day- trying everything I could think of! To make it even harder- Leah had also posted a gorgeous sample card for her challenge using the duller colours (scroll down a bit more...) and I liked it so much I found it difficult to think of anything new!! Finally in the end I opted to go for the star from Fun and Fast Notes, the bright colours and flashing dots as my theme but if you look closely you will notice that I did manage to add 2 tiny More Mustard dots and I have used black for the sentiment so I guess in the end I managed it- except for the Going Grey !!! (I'd be going grey if I'd had to add that colour too!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Robyn, you did a fantastic job of getting almost all the colours in. Well done and thanks for playing.

Ramona Michaluk said...

I like this card Robyn - it's so bright and colourful. Great job with the challenge - you did really well and I think it looks great!

Anonymous said...

Glad you kept at it Robyn - LOVE that card. It looks such a happy combination. Cheers, Sue

Kellie said...

This is the perfect card for a little girl or even boy, I think it's just FANTASTIC! Great work Robyn xx

Debbie M said...

It's a beautiful bright card Robyn - Very cheery!!

Debbie M