Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fall to layout #102




This is the sketch for FTL #102 and the card I made from it. It also uses this week's colours from JAI #29- Rose Red/Kraft/Always Artichoke and Very Vanilla. I have used my new set of "Best wishes and more" which I got for a bargain price from the retiring list. I love its clean and simple images- you'll be seeing lots more of it I'm sure.
It is for a family we knew a little bit when we lived in Ballarat who recently lost their son in a car accident. The father taught our kids Maths at High School, the mother went to the same scrapbooking group that I did and the daughter was in my daughter's class in Primary school. It is bad enough to lose family members who are in their 80's and 90's. How absolutely heart breaking to lose one who is in their 20's. Sorry for another sad post.

5 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a favourite set of mine too and it's a great choice for this sketch. I agree with you Robyn, it shakes our world to hear of the death of a young person - it feels so terribly wrong. My heart goes out to that young man's family.

Jodene said...

I am so sorry to hear of the death of your friends' son.
I am sure they will appreciate this gorgeous card Robyn.

Shirley-Anne said...

Sending warm thoughts and condolances to your friends.
Love the simplicity of your lovely card.

Danielle Daws said...

That's so sad, Robyn. I'm sure your card will be well received - it's beautiful. :-)

Monica said...

Hi Robyn,

I came across your blog while visiting Shirley-Anne's.

This card is so sweet and simple. I love simple, uncluttered cards and this is just that.

I have to say that I do like your cards.

Sad to hear about the loss of a young son of a family you know. God bless his soul.

Monica